The brands negotiate a contract (Sample Influencer Contract – (http://dearmishudad.com/influencer-agreement/), which says exactly what’s the pay, for what, when and who has the right to re-use the content, and voila – brands pay, and Influencers deliver!
Here are some good questions:
- Ask about their love for your product, because if they don’t love it how can they make others love it.
- Have they promoted a similar product or a competitor
- How much do they usually charge per post (and why)
- Ask to see their best engagemented posts and then ask why they were successful and can they repeat the same success with your post and why.
- Ask what the optimal time and days have been for their most engaged posts.
- Do they delete the post the day later or keep them forever?
- Last, ask them if you can keep the creatives from their sponsored posts that you pay for.
Ask THEM how much they suggest (and why). Then add a bit more. Why? Besides showing that you really respect them, and your product, this will let them give even more to you. Tip: I found socialbluebook.com‘s* recommended Influencer rate estimates to be pretty accurate.
*I’m not getting affiliation fee.
When you’re signing a contract between a brand and an Influencer, don’t forget to cover how long the post will stay up.
There is no “outreach” to Influencers, there is “hiring”. Think “hiring” instead of “outreach”
Yes! You can ask that when discussing the terms of the Contract (http://dearmishudad.com/influencer-agreement/)– in this case, it means that the Influencer will not work with competitors.
Micro-Influencers are game changers + the main reason why a consumer will end up buying your product or service. These are the people they trust.
If you are in love with that Influencers job, then why not? This is generally called making them your brand Ambassador but still keep them external contracors. This way they will lock down their schedule for you, and that’s awesome. It’s a big love story…
I didn’t do any shoutouts on my @DearMishu Instagram account, and I still managed to grow the account from 0 to 25k followers in a year. It’s not a must to do shoutouts I guess!
Only if the Contract between you two (http://dearmishudad.com/influencer-agreement/) is says so. Otherwise, ask the #Influencer, they may still agree. No matter what do not use it without their consent because it’s illegal.